Sunday, March 15, 2009

We are still here

To those of you who have been trying to contact us...We sometimes get to read email, but rarely get to send a line back. On occasion we sit by a phone...but not for long before Ben wants to run again. Your efforts are NOT unappreciated and needed. Thank you all so much for the continued support.

So, the update: Ben started chemo late Friday night, or early Sunday morning, depending on whether you are a night owl or an early bird. They took a second liver test and he passed the protocol standards to continue on with the clinical trial. So far, he really has not slowed down. No noticeable nauseau or anything else. We are waiting for the first chemo drug to leave his system before they move on to the next. He was so close this morning....but protocol says we have to wait. Hopefully by tomorrow morning. The next chemo drugs they say are more likely to make him feel sick. He is going in to this pretty strong so I am still hopeful. My goal right now is to keep him eating enough so he doesn't need to eat through a tube. Wish us luck!

Grandma, Nathan, & Samantha have arrived and Ben is so excited to have them here. I am also glad to have theme here as well. Now if we can just keep everyone well and get Ben out of the hospital we can have a little fun together.

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you have family support their now. Sometimes that is all we need. I hope and pray that Ben will stay strong through all the upcoming weeks. We are praying for you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cute! I miss you guys like bad words such as heck! But in the good word form. By the way, I was just wondering, you know, wouldn't it be Saturday morning? Cause you said Sunday. Just in case you were wondering. Not judging or anything. Just wondering. Love you guys! Miss you like crazy. ~LiVi~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm Joyce Watson's niece. My mom, Jean, lives in Tacoma and she told me this morning about your ordeal and sweet baby Benjamin. We are praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our families prayers are with you. May God's love and Christ's mercies be poured out abundantly upon your family and may you continue to feel His love.

    The Stoddart family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cari. I'm so sad that your family is going through all this. I remember when we went through it with Justin. I remember the white blood cell count dropping to zero and the baby looking so helpless. But look at Justin now, he is full of life. Just know that our prayers are with you guys. We love all of you and let us know if there is anything we can do for you. I have never blogged so I might post this in the wrong place and I apologize for that.

    Love, Kurt and Hilda and family

    ReplyDelete