Friday, March 6, 2009

Another Good Day...

The sun was shining & Ben was playing happily throughout the day. His favorite game is chase. He can open pretty much every door in the Ronald McDonald house, so he does of course. When I am preparing a meal in the kitchen or cleaning up when we are done, he loves to sneak of the door and run laughing down the hall as I chase after him. He is definitely the most active child I have seen here so far. Hopefully that will continue to be the case even after starting his treatments. The medical staff are still amazed at how well he seems to be recovering from his surgery. I don't have anything to compare his recovery with but I am grateful to have his busy fun loving self back!

We met with another member of his medical team today. She gave me a huge blue binder full of general information about cancer and the treatments and care he will be recieving. The information I recieve from the doctors, while still a bit scary, sounds much more promising than the things that many of you have read about on the internet. We were warned at the beginning of this adventure to be careful about the information recieved on the internet. Don't let it freak you out either! Johnny and I both still feel good about the decision to continue treatment here in Seattle.

On a more fun note....my children are coming! The two in school will come for a short visit before Benjamins radiation treatment begins. Then they will keep Johnny company in Alaska until summer. The younger two will come live with Ben and I here in Seattle. Mom Allred will be coming as my right hand and second mother. She is an angel and we are so grateful for her. Ben is very happy when he sees pictures of his siblings. I can't think this will be anything but good for him. I know it will be good for me.

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you are getting some company and that the kids will be able to see their mom and brother. I am also so glad that Ben is doing so well right now. I hope it continues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...some great news!!!! I think that having your kids will be the greatest thing! I looked on the internet the first night and I won't do it again! I have all the faith in the world that Ben can fight this. He is super strong and I know that all the decisions that you guys have made so far are what is best for him and I know that Heavenly Father is guiding you along. I can't wait for you to have all of your babies with you and for you to be able to love on them!!! I think that I cried just as hard at hearing this great news as I did when I heard bad news! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YEA! I am so happy for you & your family! What a blessing this will be for all of you! Maybe you can do Cari's cooking school at Ronald McDonald House! LOL I am sure that would be fun! Much love & prayers for you & Ben & all of your family! He is such a special kid & is obviously very strong & has a great will to fight. Continue to listen to Heavenly Father's guidance & know that you are deeply loved!
    Love...Candice, Jared, Andrew, Devin, & Cedric :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben is made of tough stuff! Not hard to believe with the awesome family he comes from. :)
    We are thinking about you all the time and wishing we could do more. I'm so glad mom is bringing the kids to see you guys. What an adventure.
    We love and miss you SO much!
    Maryn

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love you Cari, and we are always praying for Ben and all of you.
    I'm glad that Sammy and Nathan are coming to be with you guys.

    ReplyDelete