Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Successful surgery

Ben got his catheter today. Unfortunately, it was a really long day leading up to the surgery. Ben was scheduled to go in at 1215pm. That means that he could not eat after 530am. As you may have read previously, the most dangerous place to be is between Ben and a meal. He screamed for most of the day until they finally took him in around 430 in the afternoon.

I guess the nurses came in frequently to ask if there was something that needed to be done to help calm him down. Yes - FEED HIM! Anyway, after surgery he ate jello, fish sticks, drank juice and pretty much made up for lost time. He longingly looks at all of the older children. I am sure he will be excited to see his siblings come Friday.

1 comment:

  1. I can empathize with poor Ben...I get cranky, too, when food is kept from me...hehehe. I'm glad to hear that your other children will be seeing the two of you soon. It will do them as much good as it will you and Ben. Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well yourself. I know it's difficult, but maybe once some more of your family is down there, you can get a little rest. You must be worn out.
    Our thoughts and prayers are always with you.

    ReplyDelete