Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Seattle Marathon

Today I ran the Seattle Marathon....the course winds round and round the halls of the cancer unit at Seattle Children's Hospital. Seriously, if I had on a pedometer, I'm sure I walk miles and miles carrying, pushing, and chasing Ben. If I missed your phone call, or didn't respond to your email...well I couldn't quit the race now could I?

Today was also another starvation day for Ben. They were running a kidney function test that left him hooked up to an IV post (yes I was dragging that along during the race). The test allowed him to eat and drink clear liquids and solids that had no sodium in them. I wonder where he got all of his energy? I learned first hand why we don't just let our kids each nothing but sugar all day! Fortunately he has now finished his test, eaten his weight in mac n cheese, and fallen into a deep slumber! (No nap today either...) Now I guess it is my turn. There is more testing tomorrow though....

3 comments:

  1. That awesome energy he has is going to carry him through his treatments!!! It has to be a blessing to have him be acting like a normal 18 month old! Are you ready for the Boston Marathon...... I can just see the 2 of you in my head tearing up the children's hospital. Go Ben!!!!!

    ReplyDelete