Saturday, February 28, 2009

Ben Unplugged






























Today it was really great to spend the day with "Ben Unplugged".
We rode the giraffe, got pulled around in the wagon, drew pictures, ate lunch together, and played in the soft blocks. He did some business while we were at the play room. After we walked to the room and changed him he was super tired riding back in the wagon. Just as we entered the playroom again he sacked out. We headed back to the room and let him take a nap.
We got a little behind on the pain meds because of the nap and it was not pretty for a while. We will definitely be more diligent on keeping right up on the meds.

We met with the neurosurgeon for a few minutes and he said Ben is doing super. I hate to read too much into comments but his parting remark was "he looks like he is way ahead of schedule". This was as Ben was walking off down the hall to do his own rounds.

He has really been happy Ben for most of the day. He hates it when a nurse comes in wearing blue gloves because he knows some testing, poking or other is coming. For now it is just a waiting game.
Our favorite sayings so far:
- "Stupid Cancer"
- "Brain Bumps Suck"
- "It's only a brain tumor . . ."
I think we want to make at least one of these into a T-shirt . . .:)

3 comments:

  1. He looks soooo adorable! Much love....

    P.S...I'd buy that for a dollar! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "Ben grin" with him in the wagon. I have a photo of him doing that. That's what I think of when I picture Ben --and Mommy's dimples that he inherited. Are they going to let you keep the hot yellow jumpsuit? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you made a T-shirt yet? YOu don't know me, I'm friends with Karen Lowry, but I love to play around with Photoshop and would love to make Ben a T-shirt. I know there is so little people can do for you at a time like this, but I so adore and look up to your family for how strongly you are dealing with this situation and I would love to feel I could contribute even a tiny bit! Let me know.

    ReplyDelete