Monday, April 6, 2009

Update

Well, I am running out of catchy titles so this will be pretty boring. Elizabeth, Megan and I returned to Anchorage on Sunday morning. We hopped on the shuttle at 5am to make an 8am flight that was canceled. Fortunately we were able to catch the 10am flight so we didn't have to sit in the airport all day long. I had been praying all week to let me stay healthy long enough to be of some assistance and to give Cari some time with the girls. I got what I asked for, but about the time I hit the airport on the way home the sock hit the back of my throat and this morning -- look out.

Cari is in with Ben in the midst of his next round or chemotherapy. He seems to be doing well. As energetic as ever. Unfortunately he is still on isolation so the room is very small with an energetic little boy tethered to an IV pole. We have had fun with Skype being able to video call each other.

Sammy, Nathan and Grandma couldn't come to the hospital because Sammy and Nate are still trying to get over flu symptoms and folks get pretty antsy with immuno-suppressed kids around anyone with a cough. They head for Utah on Wednesday.

That's about all for now. Thank you again to everyone who is taking such good care of us.

3 comments:

  1. How fun to be able to Skype! Given how difficult the whole situation is anyway, can you imagine what it would be like without the technology that we have today? Thanks for the update....we were wondering if you guys made it home okay. We hope that everybody gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a strong family. I cannot even fathom the emotional, physical and spiritual stress this has on your whole family. Ben is so strong! You all are! What a great example you all are through yhis. I love you!
    You are always in my thoughts and prayers.
    Go Ben Go! Go Ben Go! Go ben Go! Cheers from the sidelines of Roy : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cari-just to let you know that you all are in my daily prayers....The good news is so welcome. Hope you know how much you all are missed here!! Janie cox

    ReplyDelete