Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Can you say flashback??? For those of you who don't know, I grew up in Texas. As Ben and I headed to the baggage claim I could smell and then feel the wet air. It is very humid in Texas. Later that night after Ben's blow out, gross to say the least, I drew him a bath of....brown water. You should taste the stuff!!!! I had to take my shoe off to feel the spongy thick bladed grass that grows here. To top it off, the people who brought dinner in tonight brought Mexican food...and I mean REAL mexican food. It was sooooooooo good. Even Ben ate well. (He loves beans and tortillas!) All of this brings back fond memories of growing up in Texas. The title of todays blog is part of a song I learned in Texas History class. We are having a lot of fun at this point in our journey.

What I haven't told you yet is that there was an angel greeting us at the airport. For all of you who have wanted to come put your arms around Ben and I, comfort us, make us smile, and just plain take care of our needs....consider it done. We love her and you for all you do. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Eew, eew! Did I forget to tell you to not drink the water? Water bottles are now at the top of the grocery list.

    I hope your posting means Ben went to bed early and you got some R&R in a quiet room!

    ReplyDelete