Friday, July 10, 2009

Yuck!

I asked Johnny if the last posting sounded pitiful...he said yes. Well, sometimes I guess I feel pitiful! Fortunately that is not always the case. The funny thing was that I found out my telephone in the apartment is broken. No one had been able to get a hold of me for a couple of days! Too funny!

Yesterday was not Ben's greatest day. It seemed to start out okay. He ate a few bites of pancake for breakfast and drank a little bit of milk. We even went for a walk to the park where we played until a daycare group showed up. His day went downhill from there. He was moody and clingy. He didn't eat or drink anything. And then the diarhea started. It sounded and looked a lot like baby poop. Needless to say we spent the afternoon on the couch just watching PBS and changing clothes and diapers....his and mine...clothes not diapers! Then just after five oclock he crawled off my lap and walked over to the now cold hot cocoa I had made trying to entice, force, coerce him to drink earlier. And he drank the whole cup! I started in on some dinner. I offered him his favorite soup with crackers and a bean burrito. He took a couple of bites but was fairly uninterested. Then he opened the fridge and started looking. He wanted eggs. I thought, whatever, I'll just throw it away if he doesn't eat it. But he did!!!!! He made me cook him a second and he ate that one too! Woo Hoo! I thought we were past the worries because the rest of the evening seemed to go just fine. Then when I went to go to bed, Ben woke up vomiting. By morning I had one bed he had thrown up in, another he had leaked diarhea all over, and mine he crawled into with his leaky diaper! Oh YUCK! Thank goodness for a washer and dryer in the apartment! Thank goodness Johnny got here at two in the morning and can help!

2 comments:

  1. We figure we'd have heard from you, but alas, the phone was broken! Camie, Tobe, and I just happen to be in Seattle, but we are leaving tomorrow afternoon. My number is 907-227-0787, gimme a call if we can see you and Ben for a short time before we head out.

    Hansons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness Johnny was there too. I'm glad you are getting to see more of him. Fingers crossed for an uneventful but not boring week ahead for you! :)

    ReplyDelete