Monday, June 15, 2009

Home Again

I think Benjamin recognized to Ronald McDonald House here in Seattle. We got "home" late last night and were met by a kind friend. We are glad to be back because it means we are that much closer to going to our real home in Alaska. (mid September maybe) Chemotherapy will not start for about two weeks. Part of the reason for the wait is so that his body can heal from the radiation treatment. They typically wait 2-6 weeks. We are going for two. The other reason for the wait is they have some tests they need to run such as a new MRI. We hope it is clea r. On a more fun note, Aunt Alaina, Samantha & Nathan will be spending a week here in Seattle with Benjamin and I. We hope to have a really fun time!

Here is our address:
Benjamin Allred A278
c/o Ronald McDonald House
5130 40th Ave NE
Seattle WA 98105

Email me if you need our phone number!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! Closer to home is always good! We hope that you have a great time with Sam and Nathan!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such frequent and dedicated updates. It tears my heart out knowing what you all are going through, but it reminds me to say my prayers every night.

    Last week I took Tobe to LA for the weekend. It was a nice little trip but with all the flying and driving and then flying again, not only did Tobe get tired, but he got a little bit of motion sickness and threw up on me while we were driving to LA from Vegas. It was a fun trip, but I can't imagine what it must be like to have to "do the hustle" from airport to airport with all the various bags and stuff you must have for Ben. I have developed a new admiration for any parent having to juggle all the different things you have.

    Dustin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky Aunt Alaina. I wish I could come up. LUV YA!

    ~LiVi~

    ReplyDelete