Thursday, May 28, 2009

Just Visiting


It was great to see family after nearly two years away. Elizabeth and Megan were very excited to finally get done with school and to get to "town". Ever since we moved to Alaska the girls have refered to Utah as town. I guess they feel like AK is the boonies. It may have something to do with the fact that half of the street just off ours is still unpaved. Nathan and Sammy were very glad to see their siblings and I don't think Sammy got more than a couple of feet away from me for more than 15 minutes for the whole time we were there.


I arrived here in Houston yesterday. It was GREAT to see Cari and Ben. Though the morning was a lot harder than I thought it would be (leaving the kids) I was excited to see my beautiful bride and baby. Ben has been going non-stop. We went to Jim and Melissa Kellers for dinner and had a great time. Unfortunately, Ben fell asleep on the way home so he was up forever. We went to the Houston Waterfall today and Ben chased pigeons and ran away from Cari and I as often as he could. We enjoyed a leisure lunch with Kelly and Quincy and then have been lounging around Ronnie Mac's this evening.


Cari seems to feel like she needs to entertain. "What do you want to do now? . . . . ." I have been to her a lot like Sammy was to me in Utah -- not more than foot or two away for more than a minute. I think she must feel like she has a giant freakish growth attached to her hand all the time. Anyway, I am having fun just being close for a few days.


It feels really redundant to say, but I cannot thank everyone enough for all of the support and love we have felt. We are especially grateful to Grandma and Grandpa Allred for taking on four very active children. We were teasing Grandma today wondering what she was thinking. There is no way we would be able to do what we have been able to, nor what we will need to without all of their help.


We love you all!!

1 comment:

  1. We LOVED seeing you and the kids at church!!! So many people have commented on what an incredible family you have and how missed you are in our ward. We all know that all of your hearts are being torn and pulled in different directions and we all continue to pray for your family. We wish that there was more that we could do to help and only hope that our friendship will lend you strength and comfort. Give Cari and Ben our love and know that our thoughts are always with all of you.
    The Parkinson Family

    ReplyDelete